2 wanted for 3 Hunting Park robberies
HUNTING PARK - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking the public's help in identifying the suspects wanted for three robberies in the city's Hunting Park section.
The first robbery occurred back on November 27, 2012 at the Family Grocery store located 3901 North Marshall Street. It was 7:47 p.m. when two males entered the store. One of the suspects approached the counter, pulled out a handgun, and demanded money while the second offender went behind the counter. When one of the employees pulled out a machete, the suspects fled the store, without obtaining money.
Police say the next robbery happened at 4:45 p.m. on January 3, 2013 at the Pena Grocery Store, located at 701 West Butler Street. It was 4:45 p.m. when the suspect entered the store and pointed a handgun at an employee, demanding money. The employee opened the cash register, placed money into a bag, and then handed it to the gunman. The suspect then forced the employee to the rear of the store before fleeing on foot.
The latest robbery happened at 8:55 a.m. on January 16, 2013 at the same Pena Grocery Store on West Butler Street. Investigators say an employee was standing by the door when he saw two masked men approaching the store. The employee recognized one of the men as being a participant in the January 13th robbery and attempted to lock the door, but that's when the suspect pulled out a handgun and attempted to force his way into the store. The employee remained undeterred, pushing back on the door. Both offenders then gave up and fled the scene east on Butler Street.
The first suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his early to mid 20's, standing 5'8-5'10, with a thin build. The second suspect is described as a Hispanic male with a thin build, standing 6'.
If you have any information on the identity or whereabouts of these men, you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily 37 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Temps soar above normal
59 min ago