Police investigate stickup robberies in Wilmington, Del.
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say they believe the same suspects may be behind several point-of-gun robberies from over the weekend.
At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Friday, three victims were walking along the 1800 block of W. 14th Street when an unknown green van approached and two men exited the vehicle and confronted the victims.
One of the suspects threw one of the victims to the ground and grabbed her purse. The second suspect punched another victim in the face before getting back into the van and fleeing.
The victims say a third male was driving the van.
It was around 8:00 p.m. on Saturday when police say the victim was walking along the 800 block of N. Franklin Street.
A dark colored mini-van, possibly a Chrysler Pacifica, approached the victim and stopped. Two men then exited the passenger side and confronted the victim.
The suspects, each armed with a handgun, demanded the victim's property. They then got back into the van and fled north on N. Franklin Street.
The third incident happened at approximately 10:00 p.m. Saturday on the 1400 block of N. Broom Street.
Police say a 68-year-old woman was walking alone when two men exited a gray van and began running towards her.
The woman ran and yelled for help, but the suspects caught up to her. They stole her purse and one of the suspects punched her in the face, causing minor injury.
The suspects then got back into the van and fled east on Gilpin Avenue.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 20 to 25 years-of-age, standing 5'6" to 5'8", weighing 200 pounds, and wearing dark clothing. The second suspect is described as a black male, 17 to 18 years-of-age, standing 5'8" to 5'10", weighing 190 pounds, and wearing dark clothing. The driver of the van is only described as a black male.
Anyone with information is urged to contact investigators at 302-576-3990. Tipsters can also submit information anonymously through Crime Stoppers by dialing 1-800-TIP-3333 or online at www.tipsubmit.com.
robbery, delaware, wilmington, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 42 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 15 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 35 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom