Plane from NY blows tires, veers off NJ runway
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a United Express plane from western New York has blown four tires as it landed at Newark Liberty International Airport and veered off a runway.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says Flight 4480 from Rochester was landing Sunday night in New Jersey when several rear tires blew. He tells the Star-Ledger that the plane veered onto a taxiway and didn't strike anything.
The plane was carrying eight passengers and five crew members. No one was hurt.
It wasn't the only mishap at the Newark airport on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, a United Airlines employee became pinned between a luggage cart and a food service truck. Marsico tells The Record that the worker was seriously hurt. It's unclear how the accident happened.
air travel, newark, new jersey, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 58 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 51 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
58 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
51 min ago