Police: Woman, nearly nude, faces DUI charges
SPARTA, N.J. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Numerous charges have been filed against a New York woman who was allegedly drunk and wearing only an unzipped jacket when she crashed her car into a stone retaining wall in New Jersey and then drove off.
The crash occurred early Friday in the northwestern New Jersey community of Sparta Township.
A township officer stopped the car just minutes after the crash. The driver, 36-year-old Catherine Giaquinto, of Warwick, allegedly told police she couldn't remember the accident or where she was going.
After noticing some clothes in her car, officers asked Giaquinto to get dressed, which she did after several minutes.
It's not known if Giaquinto has retained a lawyer. A phone number for her could not be located Monday.
new jersey, DUI, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 43 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 29 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 45 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos