Police: Delco school bus driver tried to abduct 10-year-old girl
UPLAND, Pa. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver has been arrested on charges he allegedly tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Gregory Cornell, 37, of the 200 block of East 23rd Street in Chester, was charged in connection with the incident on Sunday.
Police say it was around 3:00 p.m. when Cornell tried to abduct the child in the 200 block of 9th Street in Upland.
Officers say that when Cornell was arrested he had 154 bags of heroin and crack cocaine along with a sex toy in his vehicle.
Cornell has been sent to the Delaware County Prison on $150,000 bail.
Cornell is a bus driver with the Penn-Delco School District.
pennsylvania, delaware county, abduction, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 49 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies