Police: Delco school bus driver tried to abduct 10-year-old girl
UPLAND, Pa. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver has been arrested on charges he allegedly tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Gregory Cornell, 37, of the 200 block of East 23rd Street in Chester, was charged in connection with the incident on Sunday.
Police say it was around 3:00 p.m. when Cornell tried to abduct the child in the 200 block of 9th Street in Upland.
Officers say that when Cornell was arrested he had 154 bags of heroin and crack cocaine along with a sex toy in his vehicle.
Cornell has been sent to the Delaware County Prison on $150,000 bail.
Cornell is a bus driver with the Penn-Delco School District.
pennsylvania, delaware county, abduction, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 10 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 57 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 5 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
5 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos