Police: Delco school bus driver tried to abduct 10-year-old girl
UPLAND, Pa. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver has been arrested on charges he allegedly tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Gregory Cornell, 37, of the 200 block of East 23rd Street in Chester, was charged in connection with the incident on Sunday.
Police say it was around 3:00 p.m. when Cornell tried to abduct the child in the 200 block of 9th Street in Upland.
Officers say that when Cornell was arrested he had 154 bags of heroin and crack cocaine along with a sex toy in his vehicle.
Cornell has been sent to the Delaware County Prison on $150,000 bail.
Cornell is a bus driver with the Penn-Delco School District.
pennsylvania, delaware county, abduction, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 11 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 3 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 7 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
7 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
13 min ago