Police: Delco school bus driver tried to abduct 10-year-old girl
UPLAND, Pa. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver has been arrested on charges he allegedly tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Gregory Cornell, 37, of the 200 block of East 23rd Street in Chester, was charged in connection with the incident on Sunday.
Police say it was around 3:00 p.m. when Cornell tried to abduct the child in the 200 block of 9th Street in Upland.
Officers say that when Cornell was arrested he had 154 bags of heroin and crack cocaine along with a sex toy in his vehicle.
Cornell has been sent to the Delaware County Prison on $150,000 bail.
Cornell is a bus driver with the Penn-Delco School District.
pennsylvania, delaware county, abduction, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 7 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 56 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 55 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 51 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 41 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 43 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
7 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
56 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos