Police: Delco school bus driver tried to abduct 10-year-old girl
UPLAND, Pa. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver has been arrested on charges he allegedly tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Gregory Cornell, 37, of the 200 block of East 23rd Street in Chester, was charged in connection with the incident on Sunday.
Police say it was around 3:00 p.m. when Cornell tried to abduct the child in the 200 block of 9th Street in Upland.
Officers say that when Cornell was arrested he had 154 bags of heroin and crack cocaine along with a sex toy in his vehicle.
Cornell has been sent to the Delaware County Prison on $150,000 bail.
Cornell is a bus driver with the Penn-Delco School District.
pennsylvania, delaware county, abduction, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos