Gun struggle leaves man critical in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHJA - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 44-year-old man is in critical condition after a struggle with a gunman in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident occurred around 11:20 p.m. near 22nd and Susquehanna Avenue.
According to police, the victim was shot three times after responding to a knock at the door. He opened the door to find a man with a gun.
The suspect and the victim began to struggle and the gun went off, wounding the victim in the stomach and hip.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting. Police are continuing their search for the shooter at this hour.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 18 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 11 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 17 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 15 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
10 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos