Gun struggle leaves man critical in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHJA - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 44-year-old man is in critical condition after a struggle with a gunman in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident occurred around 11:20 p.m. near 22nd and Susquehanna Avenue.
According to police, the victim was shot three times after responding to a knock at the door. He opened the door to find a man with a gun.
The suspect and the victim began to struggle and the gun went off, wounding the victim in the stomach and hip.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting. Police are continuing their search for the shooter at this hour.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 7 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 58 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 37 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
43 min ago