DA: Allentown mom beat son, 5, to death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a woman from Allentown beat her 5-year-old son to death.
Jessica Sharelle Adams, 24, was charged with homicide in connection with boy's death in November, 2012.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office said police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North 12th Street the night of November 29th to find a boy who was unconscious and not breathing.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where, investigators say, doctors found he had severe brain bleeding along with several other injuries. He also had bruising to the head, arms and stomach.
The boy was pronounced dead a few hours later. An autopsy found that he died from multiple blunt force injuries.
The D.A. said the investigation revealed Adams struck the boy repeatedly, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Adams is in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday night.
pennsylvania, allentown, child abuse, homicide, local/state
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose