DA: Allentown mom beat son, 5, to death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a woman from Allentown beat her 5-year-old son to death.
Jessica Sharelle Adams, 24, was charged with homicide in connection with boy's death in November, 2012.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office said police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North 12th Street the night of November 29th to find a boy who was unconscious and not breathing.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where, investigators say, doctors found he had severe brain bleeding along with several other injuries. He also had bruising to the head, arms and stomach.
The boy was pronounced dead a few hours later. An autopsy found that he died from multiple blunt force injuries.
The D.A. said the investigation revealed Adams struck the boy repeatedly, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Adams is in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday night.
pennsylvania, allentown, child abuse, homicide, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings