DA: Allentown mom beat son, 5, to death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a woman from Allentown beat her 5-year-old son to death.
Jessica Sharelle Adams, 24, was charged with homicide in connection with boy's death in November, 2012.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office said police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North 12th Street the night of November 29th to find a boy who was unconscious and not breathing.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where, investigators say, doctors found he had severe brain bleeding along with several other injuries. He also had bruising to the head, arms and stomach.
The boy was pronounced dead a few hours later. An autopsy found that he died from multiple blunt force injuries.
The D.A. said the investigation revealed Adams struck the boy repeatedly, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Adams is in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday night.
pennsylvania, allentown, child abuse, homicide, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 55 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 57 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
27 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
6 min ago