DA: Allentown mom beat son, 5, to death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a woman from Allentown beat her 5-year-old son to death.
Jessica Sharelle Adams, 24, was charged with homicide in connection with boy's death in November, 2012.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office said police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North 12th Street the night of November 29th to find a boy who was unconscious and not breathing.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where, investigators say, doctors found he had severe brain bleeding along with several other injuries. He also had bruising to the head, arms and stomach.
The boy was pronounced dead a few hours later. An autopsy found that he died from multiple blunt force injuries.
The D.A. said the investigation revealed Adams struck the boy repeatedly, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Adams is in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday night.
pennsylvania, allentown, child abuse, homicide, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad