DA: Allentown mom beat son, 5, to death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a woman from Allentown beat her 5-year-old son to death.
Jessica Sharelle Adams, 24, was charged with homicide in connection with boy's death in November, 2012.
The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office said police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North 12th Street the night of November 29th to find a boy who was unconscious and not breathing.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where, investigators say, doctors found he had severe brain bleeding along with several other injuries. He also had bruising to the head, arms and stomach.
The boy was pronounced dead a few hours later. An autopsy found that he died from multiple blunt force injuries.
The D.A. said the investigation revealed Adams struck the boy repeatedly, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Adams is in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday night.
pennsylvania, allentown, child abuse, homicide, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 34 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 10 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 7 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 13 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
1 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos