US Airways Philly airport lease extended 2 years
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- US Airlines and the city of Philadelphia have announced a two-year lease extension for Philadelphia International Airport that will allow for $734 million in improvements at the airport.
The joint announcement Tuesday says the extension will run through June of 2015.
Projects to be done under the terms of the lease include a 1,500-foot extension that will increase the length of one runway to 12,000 feet, allowing it to handle long-haul aircraft flying anywhere in the world. Improvements to the Terminal B and C ticketing area will include a new, automated baggage-handling and screening system and a more spacious security screening checkpoint.
Other improvements include replacement of surface rental car lots with a multistory facility and initial design of a people-mover system between concourses.
philadelphia, us airways, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 32 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds 15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos