Woman takes terrifying leap from burning home in West Phila.
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a woman jumped out of a second story window to escape the intense flames inside her West Philadelphia apartment early Wednesday morning.
The flames broke out around 4:30 a.m. on the 4600 block of Larchwood Avenue in a converted apartment building.
Crews arrived to fire showing on the first and second floors of the property.
Fire officials say a 48-year-old woman jumped from a second story window to escape the flames.
She suffered burns over 70-percent of her body and was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where she is listed in serious but stable condition.
The fire marshal is on the scene investigating the cause of the blaze.
So far, there are no reports of other injuries.
fire, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Wintry Weekend 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 31 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 30 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 50 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 33 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
31 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
30 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
48 min ago