Police: Man arrested in Pa. after TV theft spree
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a man accused of stealing five big-screen televisions from a suburban Philadelphia store in a week.
The Delaware County Times reports police arrested 33-year-old Matthew Colleluori in Prospect Park on Tuesday afternoon. That's after police say he stole his fifth TV in as many days from a Wal-Mart at the Marple Crossroads Center.
Police Chief Tom Murray says Colleluori began the spree on Jan. 17, when he walked into the Wal-Mart, loaded a big-screen television into a cart and ran out of the store. Police say he did it again two days later and again Monday.
Murray says Colleluori returned Tuesday, took another TV and fled after assaulting security. He was arrested after a car chase.
A telephone listing in his name was not in service.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, theft, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 9 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted