Police: Man arrested in Pa. after TV theft spree
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a man accused of stealing five big-screen televisions from a suburban Philadelphia store in a week.
The Delaware County Times reports police arrested 33-year-old Matthew Colleluori in Prospect Park on Tuesday afternoon. That's after police say he stole his fifth TV in as many days from a Wal-Mart at the Marple Crossroads Center.
Police Chief Tom Murray says Colleluori began the spree on Jan. 17, when he walked into the Wal-Mart, loaded a big-screen television into a cart and ran out of the store. Police say he did it again two days later and again Monday.
Murray says Colleluori returned Tuesday, took another TV and fled after assaulting security. He was arrested after a car chase.
A telephone listing in his name was not in service.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, theft, local/state
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 16 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 28 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 1 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos