Teacher charged with being drunk in school
BERWYN, Pa. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A local teacher accused of passing out drunk at school will head to trial.
Action News was there as Carol Wittschieben walked into the Chester County courthouse on Wednesday morning.
The 43-year-old waived her right to a preliminary hearing.
Police say she passed out in a classroom at Conestoga High School back in December.
Investigators say she was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.32.
Wittschieben is charged with endangering the welfare of children and public drunkenness.
She is currently on leave from Conestoga High School.
chester county, pennsylvania, school, alcohol, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees