Teacher charged with being drunk in school
BERWYN, Pa. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A local teacher accused of passing out drunk at school will head to trial.
Action News was there as Carol Wittschieben walked into the Chester County courthouse on Wednesday morning.
The 43-year-old waived her right to a preliminary hearing.
Police say she passed out in a classroom at Conestoga High School back in December.
Investigators say she was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.32.
Wittschieben is charged with endangering the welfare of children and public drunkenness.
She is currently on leave from Conestoga High School.
chester county, pennsylvania, school, alcohol, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 40 min ago
- Record Warmth! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 26 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
1 min ago