Fire forces evacuation of Camden High School
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire forced the evacuation of Camden High School on Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported around 11:45 a.m. at the school in the 1700 block of Park Boulevard.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke coming from the automotive tech classroom.
They were able to contain the fire to a closet.
A ventilation team was being sent in to get rid of smoke in the building.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the fire.
No injuries have been reported.
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 10 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 54 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 33 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 37 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad