D.A.: Substitute teacher sexually assaulted boy, 9 in Allentown, Pa.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A substitute teacher in the Allentown School District has been charged with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old boy in an elementary school bathroom.
Michael J. Agrippine, 47, of Main Street in Coopersburg, Pa. was arrested Wednesday.
He has been charged with aggravated indecent assault, institutional sexual assault, and indecent assault.
Prosecutors say the boy told them Agrippine assaulted him Friday in a basement-level bathroom at the Union Terrace Elementary School in Allentown.
The boy reported the assault Monday to a Lehigh County child specialist.
Agrippine's lawyer says his client has no prior record and flatly denies the accusations.
School officials say Agrippine has worked as a substitute teacher with the district for a year and has taught at two or three schools.
pennsylvania, sex assault, child sex assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man