Police officer riding a bicycle struck in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia Police officer is recovering after the bicycle he was riding was struck by car.
It happened at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the officer was riding east on Cottman Avenue when he was struck by a Lexus turning right from Cottman onto Bustleton Avenue.
The motorist did not stop.
The officer was taken to Aria Health, Torresdale Division where was listed in stable condition with a knee injury.
Police caught up with driver of the Lexus a short time later at Longshore and Castor Avenues.
An investigation is underway.
philadelphia, accident, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 22 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball