Young girl battling brain tumor earns record contract
NORRISTOWN - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- There's a new singing star in the making and she recorded her first song under her new recording contract today in Norristown.
Amy Hosmer is your typical 11-year-old.
She likes sparkles, for one thing.
Unlike most 11-year-olds, she's battling a brain tumor.
The diagnosis hasn't stifled her dreams.
"I want to be a singer-slash-slash-whatever. I want to be so many things at once," Amy said.
Amy wants to be like her favorite singer Taylor Swift and she's even written a song about her experience at Ronald McDonald Camp.
"It's so nice not having to explain what a tumor is," Amy said.
She set up a Facebook page 'Help Amy meet Taylor Swift' and posted the song online.
"When we heard her song, her story, it just hit our heart and we had to help out," Tom Jensen of Rotation Records said.
Amy gets to record her own song inside a recording studio, just like her idol Taylor.
In about two weeks, Rotation Records will release the song on iTunes.
"First of all, I'm going to bring it into school and make sure everyone hears it, whether they want to hear it or not," Amy said.
Taylor Swift couldn't be there for Amy's recording debut, but she did send some presents, including an autographed photo.
"That's so cool. I'm going to cry," Amy said.
This experience is a break from all that's going on.
Next week, Amy will be back in the hospital for a very risky surgery.
"I'm very scared. I pray to God, and my mom is like my new therapist," Amy said.
For now, she's enjoying her moment and holding strong in her faith.
"I believe in God. I have a strong faith in him. I have a feeling He is going to take care of me," Amy said.
pennsylvania, norristown, taylor swift, local/state, eva pilgrim
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 9 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 40 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 17 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
9 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
40 min ago