SEPTA closes Girard Avenue Station due to ice
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials have closed the Girard Avenue Station on the Broad Street subway.
Officials say there is a water leak inside the station.
They say ice is forming on the station platform, due to the leak, making it unsafe for commuters.
Train service is running normally, but the trains are not stopping at the station.
SEPTA crews plan to work around the clock to make the repairs and expect to have the station back open for the morning commute.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore