SEPTA closes Girard Avenue Station due to ice
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials have closed the Girard Avenue Station on the Broad Street subway.
Officials say there is a water leak inside the station.
They say ice is forming on the station platform, due to the leak, making it unsafe for commuters.
Train service is running normally, but the trains are not stopping at the station.
SEPTA crews plan to work around the clock to make the repairs and expect to have the station back open for the morning commute.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 58 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago