Hundreds without heat in Lehigh Valley
WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of people in the Lehigh Valley had to sleep in a shelter because their houses have no heat.
UGI, the local natural gas company, had to shut down its system for repairs yesterday.
UGI says it hopes to restore service for all customers by this afternoon.
The affected area includes Whitehall Township and Coplay Borough.
lehigh county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 51 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 7 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire