Hundreds without heat in Lehigh Valley
WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of people in the Lehigh Valley had to sleep in a shelter because their houses have no heat.
UGI, the local natural gas company, had to shut down its system for repairs yesterday.
UGI says it hopes to restore service for all customers by this afternoon.
The affected area includes Whitehall Township and Coplay Borough.
lehigh county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 16 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
16 min ago