Father, 33, and daughter, 3, struck by car in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A father and daughter are recovering after being struck by a car in Newark, Delaware Thursday morning.
New Castle County Police and medics were called around 9:00 a.m. for the report of a pedestrian struck at the intersection of Harmony Crest Drive and Harmony Road.
Police say a 33-year-old man and his 3-year-old daughter were crossing Harmony Crest Drive when they were struck by a 2004 Mazda sedan that was turning onto Harmony Crest from Cheswold Boulevard.
The man, who was suffering from head injuries, was rushed to Christiana Hospital in serious condition. The child, who had minor injuries, was admitted for observation.
Police say the 32-year-old man driving the Mazda did stop.
New Castle County Police are investigating.
newark, delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 19 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 11 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 38 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
48 min ago