Father, 33, and daughter, 3, struck by car in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A father and daughter are recovering after being struck by a car in Newark, Delaware Thursday morning.
New Castle County Police and medics were called around 9:00 a.m. for the report of a pedestrian struck at the intersection of Harmony Crest Drive and Harmony Road.
Police say a 33-year-old man and his 3-year-old daughter were crossing Harmony Crest Drive when they were struck by a 2004 Mazda sedan that was turning onto Harmony Crest from Cheswold Boulevard.
The man, who was suffering from head injuries, was rushed to Christiana Hospital in serious condition. The child, who had minor injuries, was admitted for observation.
Police say the 32-year-old man driving the Mazda did stop.
New Castle County Police are investigating.
newark, delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1