Father, 33, and daughter, 3, struck by car in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A father and daughter are recovering after being struck by a car in Newark, Delaware Thursday morning.
New Castle County Police and medics were called around 9:00 a.m. for the report of a pedestrian struck at the intersection of Harmony Crest Drive and Harmony Road.
Police say a 33-year-old man and his 3-year-old daughter were crossing Harmony Crest Drive when they were struck by a 2004 Mazda sedan that was turning onto Harmony Crest from Cheswold Boulevard.
The man, who was suffering from head injuries, was rushed to Christiana Hospital in serious condition. The child, who had minor injuries, was admitted for observation.
Police say the 32-year-old man driving the Mazda did stop.
New Castle County Police are investigating.
newark, delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 52 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 26 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 19 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro