Vincent Fumo hospitalized in Kentucky
KENTUCKY - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Fumo has been hospitalized in Kentucky due to heart health issues.
Sources tell Action News that Fumo was having a physical performed on Wednesday when doctors found close to 90 percent blockage in one of his arteries.
He was taken to Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital in Ashland, Kentucky where doctors will be implanting a stint into his arteries.
Fumo, 69, is currently incarcerated due to a 2009 conviction for defrauding the state Senate, a museum and a nonprofit of millions of dollars by using their staff and resources to fund his lavish lifestyle.
He had been a wealthy Democratic power broker during his 30-year state Senate career.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, vince fumo, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 13 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 47 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 52 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
58 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
13 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
47 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos