Bucks Co. tattoo artist gets 494.5 to 989 years in prison
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County tattoo artist has been sentenced to 494.5 to 989 years behind bars for sexually assaulting more than a dozen children.
Judge Diane Gibbons found Walter Meyerle of Falls Township guilty of 170 sex-related charges in back in August 2012.
Authorities said Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2011, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges involving 15 victims, ages 4 to 17.
Among the evidence presented at Meyerle's non-jury trial was a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Meyerle had requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
He presented no defense.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act