Bucks Co. tattoo artist gets 494.5 to 989 years in prison
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County tattoo artist has been sentenced to 494.5 to 989 years behind bars for sexually assaulting more than a dozen children.
Judge Diane Gibbons found Walter Meyerle of Falls Township guilty of 170 sex-related charges in back in August 2012.
Authorities said Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2011, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges involving 15 victims, ages 4 to 17.
Among the evidence presented at Meyerle's non-jury trial was a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Meyerle had requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
He presented no defense.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro