Bucks Co. tattoo artist gets 494.5 to 989 years in prison
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County tattoo artist has been sentenced to 494.5 to 989 years behind bars for sexually assaulting more than a dozen children.
Judge Diane Gibbons found Walter Meyerle of Falls Township guilty of 170 sex-related charges in back in August 2012.
Authorities said Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2011, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges involving 15 victims, ages 4 to 17.
Among the evidence presented at Meyerle's non-jury trial was a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Meyerle had requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
He presented no defense.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 43 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ