Bucks Co. tattoo artist gets 494.5 to 989 years in prison
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County tattoo artist has been sentenced to 494.5 to 989 years behind bars for sexually assaulting more than a dozen children.
Judge Diane Gibbons found Walter Meyerle of Falls Township guilty of 170 sex-related charges in back in August 2012.
Authorities said Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2011, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges involving 15 victims, ages 4 to 17.
Among the evidence presented at Meyerle's non-jury trial was a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Meyerle had requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
He presented no defense.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police