Bucks Co. tattoo artist gets 494.5 to 989 years in prison
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County tattoo artist has been sentenced to 494.5 to 989 years behind bars for sexually assaulting more than a dozen children.
Judge Diane Gibbons found Walter Meyerle of Falls Township guilty of 170 sex-related charges in back in August 2012.
Authorities said Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2011, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges involving 15 victims, ages 4 to 17.
Among the evidence presented at Meyerle's non-jury trial was a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Meyerle had requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
He presented no defense.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 25 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 9 min ago