Berks Co. man sentenced for bank bomb threat
WYOMISSING, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man who tried to rob a bank by pretending to have explosives will spend the next five years in prison.
30-year-old Dragos Ungurean admitted that he walked into the M and T Bank in Wyomissing last March and showed a fake bomb.
An off-duty officer was in the bank at the time and shot Ungurean.
The device was nothing more than two soda cans and an LED light.
pennsylvania, bomb scare, bank robbery, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 19 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 22 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police