Berks Co. man sentenced for bank bomb threat
WYOMISSING, Pa. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man who tried to rob a bank by pretending to have explosives will spend the next five years in prison.
30-year-old Dragos Ungurean admitted that he walked into the M and T Bank in Wyomissing last March and showed a fake bomb.
An off-duty officer was in the bank at the time and shot Ungurean.
The device was nothing more than two soda cans and an LED light.
pennsylvania, bomb scare, bank robbery, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade 47 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case 31 min ago
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 16 min ago
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen