Explosion at chemical plant in Delaware
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of an explosion and fire at a chemical plant in Delaware.
It happened before 7:00 p.m. Thursday at the Dupont Red Lion plant in the 700 block of Governor Lea Road in Delaware City.
Fire officials say propone tank exploded in an area where sulfuric acid is refined.
At least two other tanks caught fire as a result of the explosion.
No injuries were reported.
The fire was said to be contained.
delaware, explosion, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 10 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 46 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos