Explosion at chemical plant in Delaware
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of an explosion and fire at a chemical plant in Delaware.
It happened before 7:00 p.m. Thursday at the Dupont Red Lion plant in the 700 block of Governor Lea Road in Delaware City.
Fire officials say propone tank exploded in an area where sulfuric acid is refined.
At least two other tanks caught fire as a result of the explosion.
No injuries were reported.
The fire was said to be contained.
delaware, explosion, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 29 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 49 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 6 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
29 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
24 min ago