Firefighters battle Chester Co church blaze
WEST BRADFORD TWP., Pa. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a 2-alarm blaze inside a Chester County church early Friday morning.
The flames broke out around 5:30 a.m. inside the Faith Community Baptist Church, in the 1500 block of Glenside Road in West Bradford Township.
First responders requested a second alarm, and tankers from surrounding areas arrived to help battle the fire.
It took about half an hour for crews to get the upper hand.
Authorities tell Action News the building was unoccupied. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
chester county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 6 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
6 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos