Firefighters battle Chester Co church blaze
WEST BRADFORD TWP., Pa. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a 2-alarm blaze inside a Chester County church early Friday morning.
The flames broke out around 5:30 a.m. inside the Faith Community Baptist Church, in the 1500 block of Glenside Road in West Bradford Township.
First responders requested a second alarm, and tankers from surrounding areas arrived to help battle the fire.
It took about half an hour for crews to get the upper hand.
Authorities tell Action News the building was unoccupied. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
chester county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run