Firefighters battle Chester Co church blaze
WEST BRADFORD TWP., Pa. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a 2-alarm blaze inside a Chester County church early Friday morning.
The flames broke out around 5:30 a.m. inside the Faith Community Baptist Church, in the 1500 block of Glenside Road in West Bradford Township.
First responders requested a second alarm, and tankers from surrounding areas arrived to help battle the fire.
It took about half an hour for crews to get the upper hand.
Authorities tell Action News the building was unoccupied. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
chester county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 32 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 28 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 23 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million