Propane tank explodes at DuPont's Red Lion plant
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware City fire officials say a propane tank exploded and about a half dozen others caught fire at DuPont's Red Lion plant.
Fire officials say the tanks caught fire about 7 p.m. Thursday night. The tank that exploded contained about 100 pounds of propane.
Incident Commander Paul Johnson told The (Wilmington) News Journal that about 30 firefighters responded the scene. Johnson says all but one of the tanks vented through emergency valves.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal. Johnson says no injuries or environmental damage were reported.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, explosion, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 10 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 6 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
10 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
6 min ago