Penn State gets $2.5M donation for energy research
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Penn State says its department of industrial and manufacturing engineering has received a $2.5 million donation from anonymous donors that will support energy research.
The Centre Daily Times reports the university announced the donation Thursday. It will establish a faculty chair and the money will be made available to the person selected for that position.
Department head Paul Griffin says the money will pay for new energy courses and equipment. He says it will also help develop an annual workshop and support students working in the field.
School officials say the donation comes from an alumnus of the department and his wife. They did not want to be identified.
Information from: Centre Daily Times, http://www.centredaily.com
pennsylvania state university, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos