Meeting aims to save Philadelphia bike race
MANAYUNK - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Local leaders are searching for a solution to save a Philadelphia tradition and what has become a big summer draw for Manayunk: championship cycling.
Members of the Manayunk Development Corporation, Congressman Robert Brady and bike race officials met for the first time Friday morning.
The city's cycling championship, featuring the famed "Manayunk Wall," announced it would take a break this year, after losing its title sponsor.
The group hopes to find a resolution to salvage the 28-year-old institution in 2013.
philadelphia, manayunk, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 57 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 14 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 6 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 23 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 26 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
26 min ago