Meeting aims to save Philadelphia bike race
MANAYUNK - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Local leaders are searching for a solution to save a Philadelphia tradition and what has become a big summer draw for Manayunk: championship cycling.
Members of the Manayunk Development Corporation, Congressman Robert Brady and bike race officials met for the first time Friday morning.
The city's cycling championship, featuring the famed "Manayunk Wall," announced it would take a break this year, after losing its title sponsor.
The group hopes to find a resolution to salvage the 28-year-old institution in 2013.
philadelphia, manayunk, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 59 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 48 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
21 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
19 min ago