Meeting aims to save Philadelphia bike race
MANAYUNK - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Local leaders are searching for a solution to save a Philadelphia tradition and what has become a big summer draw for Manayunk: championship cycling.
Members of the Manayunk Development Corporation, Congressman Robert Brady and bike race officials met for the first time Friday morning.
The city's cycling championship, featuring the famed "Manayunk Wall," announced it would take a break this year, after losing its title sponsor.
The group hopes to find a resolution to salvage the 28-year-old institution in 2013.
philadelphia, manayunk, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 38 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 50 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'