8 cars in 3 separate accidents in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Snowy conditions were to blame for three separate accidents involving eight different vehicles in Roxborough.
They all happened along the 300 block of Ripka Street.
"Just trying to take it easy and ended up getting hit by two cars coming down the hill. Just way too slippery to drive," said Bryan Leichter.
One of the collisions involved a Philadelphia Police officer.
Another slip-and-slide victim says he lives on the street but it's the first time he's become a casualty and people have a nickname for this hill.
"Oh man it's called 'Last Car Hill' because it's your last car, it's terrible," said Jamil Boyd.
There were several damaged vehicles but fortunately no injuries were reported.
philadelphia, roxborough, accident, local/state
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 2 min ago
- Turning Milder 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 31 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 49 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed