DA to seek death penalty in Pa. infant's death
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) -January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say they plan to seek the death penalty against a central Pennsylvania couple charged in the death of their infant son last fall.
Lancaster County prosecutors also said they will seek to try 24-year-old Andrew Moyer Sr. and 23-year-old Brianna Michael together in the October death of 6-week-old Andrew Moyer Jr.
The Columbia residents are charged with homicide, conspiracy and endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities say the infant was abused for at least a week before a final beating caused fatal brain injuries.
Moyer's attorney, Barry Goldman, said he wasn't surprised by the decision. He told The (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that he would use a private investigator and medical professionals to probe the mental health status of his client.
Michael's attorney, Merrill Spahn, declined comment.
child death, children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 43 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds