DA to seek death penalty in Pa. infant's death
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) -January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say they plan to seek the death penalty against a central Pennsylvania couple charged in the death of their infant son last fall.
Lancaster County prosecutors also said they will seek to try 24-year-old Andrew Moyer Sr. and 23-year-old Brianna Michael together in the October death of 6-week-old Andrew Moyer Jr.
The Columbia residents are charged with homicide, conspiracy and endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities say the infant was abused for at least a week before a final beating caused fatal brain injuries.
Moyer's attorney, Barry Goldman, said he wasn't surprised by the decision. He told The (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that he would use a private investigator and medical professionals to probe the mental health status of his client.
Michael's attorney, Merrill Spahn, declined comment.
child death, children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 18 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 38 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ