Suspect sought in Delaware County bank robbery
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the man who robbed a Citizens Bank in Springfield, Pennsylvania Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 10:15 a.m. at the Citizens Bank located in the unit block of East Woodland Avenue.
Police say the suspect entered the bank and demanded cash.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash he fled the bank on foot toward Powell Road.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male, 5'10" tall with a mustache and wearing glasses, a grey sweatshirt, jeans and a black knit cap.
Any person with information on the identity of the suspect is asked to contact the police or call Detective Bridget McCarthy at 610-544-5505 or 610-544-1100 ext. 315.
bank robbery, robbery, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 24 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 59 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 5 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
5 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
24 min ago