Service restored after water main break in NE Philly
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Service has been restored after at least 100 residents lost water because of a water main break in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after midnight Saturday on the 9400 block of State Road.
Authorities say a 12 inch main ruptured forcing crews to shut off water to residents of the Delaire Condo complex. A strip mall nearby was also affected.
Water service was restored around 3:00 p.m.
Still no word what caused the main to break.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, water main break, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 33 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 23 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 16 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
33 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
16 min ago