Service restored after water main break in NE Philly
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Service has been restored after at least 100 residents lost water because of a water main break in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after midnight Saturday on the 9400 block of State Road.
Authorities say a 12 inch main ruptured forcing crews to shut off water to residents of the Delaire Condo complex. A strip mall nearby was also affected.
Water service was restored around 3:00 p.m.
Still no word what caused the main to break.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, water main break, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 28 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids