Residents clean up, enjoy day after snowfall
ROXBOROUGH - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- It was the day after the snow fell and though there wasn't much of it, the winter weather caused more than a few problems for residents.
Residents in Overbrook broke out their shovels to tackle the snow covered steps, sidewalks and driveways they awoke to on Saturday morning.
In Manayunk that same snow started Dennis Small's day off right.
"It's beautiful, it's like a fresh new day," said Small.
He joined other dog owners at the local dog park. Small's dog Dakota felt right at home in the frigid temperatures.
"He loves it, that's Dakota my wolf," said Small.
It's not just Dakota, most people didn't seem to mind the snow that caused havoc Friday night.
"I almost swerved off the road and hit a pole, thankfully I didn't," said one resident.
This was the scene on the 300 block of Ripka Street in Roxborough where eight vehicles were involved in three separate accidents.
One of the collisions involved a Philadelphia officer but no injuries were reported.
In Manayunk, people say walking and driving wasn't really a problem either. On roads like Cotton Street, cars and trucks were able to get through just fine.
snow, local/state, annie mccormick
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 23 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 19 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
8 min ago