Residents clean up, enjoy day after snowfall
ROXBOROUGH - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- It was the day after the snow fell and though there wasn't much of it, the winter weather caused more than a few problems for residents.
Residents in Overbrook broke out their shovels to tackle the snow covered steps, sidewalks and driveways they awoke to on Saturday morning.
In Manayunk that same snow started Dennis Small's day off right.
"It's beautiful, it's like a fresh new day," said Small.
He joined other dog owners at the local dog park. Small's dog Dakota felt right at home in the frigid temperatures.
"He loves it, that's Dakota my wolf," said Small.
It's not just Dakota, most people didn't seem to mind the snow that caused havoc Friday night.
"I almost swerved off the road and hit a pole, thankfully I didn't," said one resident.
This was the scene on the 300 block of Ripka Street in Roxborough where eight vehicles were involved in three separate accidents.
One of the collisions involved a Philadelphia officer but no injuries were reported.
In Manayunk, people say walking and driving wasn't really a problem either. On roads like Cotton Street, cars and trucks were able to get through just fine.
snow, local/state, annie mccormick
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy