Residents clean up, enjoy day after snowfall
ROXBOROUGH - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- It was the day after the snow fell and though there wasn't much of it, the winter weather caused more than a few problems for residents.
Residents in Overbrook broke out their shovels to tackle the snow covered steps, sidewalks and driveways they awoke to on Saturday morning.
In Manayunk that same snow started Dennis Small's day off right.
"It's beautiful, it's like a fresh new day," said Small.
He joined other dog owners at the local dog park. Small's dog Dakota felt right at home in the frigid temperatures.
"He loves it, that's Dakota my wolf," said Small.
It's not just Dakota, most people didn't seem to mind the snow that caused havoc Friday night.
"I almost swerved off the road and hit a pole, thankfully I didn't," said one resident.
This was the scene on the 300 block of Ripka Street in Roxborough where eight vehicles were involved in three separate accidents.
One of the collisions involved a Philadelphia officer but no injuries were reported.
In Manayunk, people say walking and driving wasn't really a problem either. On roads like Cotton Street, cars and trucks were able to get through just fine.
snow, local/state, annie mccormick
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 13 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?