Causes of 2 Germantown fires under investigation
GERMANTOWN - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled two blazes overnight in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
At around 12:15 a.m., firefighters were called a home on the 5100 McMahon Street.
The fire was burning in a second floor bedroom.
Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in about 10 minutes.
A 45-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, but refused to be taken to the hospital.
The cause of this fire is under investigation.
Then at approximately 1:45 a.m., firefighters responded to another blaze on the 100 block of Ashmead Street, just blocks away.
The fire was contained to the front porch of the home, with some smoke damage to the inside.
Officials have labeled this fire as suspicious.
philadelphia, germantown, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 58 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 16 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer