Fire affects 2 Camden businesses
CAMDEN - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden firefighters battled a fire late Saturday night that damaged a basement used for storage of two businesses.
Crews were called shortly before midnight to the corner of 8th and Spruce streets where smoke was pouring from the basement of a liquor store.
Crews quickly went to work battling the fire and were able to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
Fire officials tell Action News that the fire started in the basement of a building that was occupied by two separate businesses.
Neither business was open at the time of the fire.
The fire remains under investigation by the Camden Fire Marshal's office
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 54 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 44 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
14 min ago