2 rescued from Del. house fire
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers pulled two people from a burning home in New Castle County.
The fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. along the 2100 block of Silverside Road in Brandywine Hundred.
State troopers arrived first and rescued a man and woman from the home.
Both suffered smoke inhalation and were treated and released from Chistianacare Wilmington Hospital.
Investigators say the flames originated in a second floor bedroom and was caused by discarded smoking materials.
Residents were not able to return to the residence and are staying with family.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 33 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 13 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 21 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 32 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion