2 rescued from Del. house fire
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers pulled two people from a burning home in New Castle County.
The fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. along the 2100 block of Silverside Road in Brandywine Hundred.
State troopers arrived first and rescued a man and woman from the home.
Both suffered smoke inhalation and were treated and released from Chistianacare Wilmington Hospital.
Investigators say the flames originated in a second floor bedroom and was caused by discarded smoking materials.
Residents were not able to return to the residence and are staying with family.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 42 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 7 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 11 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
42 min ago