2 rescued from Del. house fire
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers pulled two people from a burning home in New Castle County.
The fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. along the 2100 block of Silverside Road in Brandywine Hundred.
State troopers arrived first and rescued a man and woman from the home.
Both suffered smoke inhalation and were treated and released from Chistianacare Wilmington Hospital.
Investigators say the flames originated in a second floor bedroom and was caused by discarded smoking materials.
Residents were not able to return to the residence and are staying with family.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 38 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 39 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos