2 rescued from Del. house fire
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers pulled two people from a burning home in New Castle County.
The fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. along the 2100 block of Silverside Road in Brandywine Hundred.
State troopers arrived first and rescued a man and woman from the home.
Both suffered smoke inhalation and were treated and released from Chistianacare Wilmington Hospital.
Investigators say the flames originated in a second floor bedroom and was caused by discarded smoking materials.
Residents were not able to return to the residence and are staying with family.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 25 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!