Driver injured in Fairmount Park crash
FAIRMOUNT PARK - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating an overnight crash in Fairmount Park that injured the driver.
Police tell Action News at around 2:30 a.m. a man in his 20s lost control of his vehicle on South Concourse and Lansdowne drives in Fairmount Park.
The car slid sideways into a streetlight trapping the driver in his vehicle.
Firefighters assisted medics in freeing the driver from the vehicle.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish