Officer injured in East Mt. Airy crash
EAST MT. AIRY - Janaury 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer was hospitalized after his vehicle collided with another car in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Sunday morning.
The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Musgrave Street and Washington Lane.
Police say a 14th District officer was traveling southbound on Musgrave Street and proceeded through the intersection on the green light when a female, driving a black Honda Civic, ran her red light.
This caused the officer to hit the driver side of the Honda.
The police officer injured his right knee during the crash.
He was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center by medics.
He is expected to be treated and released.
The female driver was also transported to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
Police say no charges have been filed.
philadelphia, east mount airy, police, accident, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs