Officer injured in East Mt. Airy crash
EAST MT. AIRY - Janaury 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer was hospitalized after his vehicle collided with another car in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Sunday morning.
The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Musgrave Street and Washington Lane.
Police say a 14th District officer was traveling southbound on Musgrave Street and proceeded through the intersection on the green light when a female, driving a black Honda Civic, ran her red light.
This caused the officer to hit the driver side of the Honda.
The police officer injured his right knee during the crash.
He was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center by medics.
He is expected to be treated and released.
The female driver was also transported to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
Police say no charges have been filed.
philadelphia, east mount airy, police, accident, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ