Officer injured in East Mt. Airy crash
EAST MT. AIRY - Janaury 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer was hospitalized after his vehicle collided with another car in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Sunday morning.
The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Musgrave Street and Washington Lane.
Police say a 14th District officer was traveling southbound on Musgrave Street and proceeded through the intersection on the green light when a female, driving a black Honda Civic, ran her red light.
This caused the officer to hit the driver side of the Honda.
The police officer injured his right knee during the crash.
He was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center by medics.
He is expected to be treated and released.
The female driver was also transported to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
Police say no charges have been filed.
philadelphia, east mount airy, police, accident, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
5 min ago