Officer injured in East Mt. Airy crash
EAST MT. AIRY - Janaury 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer was hospitalized after his vehicle collided with another car in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Sunday morning.
The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Musgrave Street and Washington Lane.
Police say a 14th District officer was traveling southbound on Musgrave Street and proceeded through the intersection on the green light when a female, driving a black Honda Civic, ran her red light.
This caused the officer to hit the driver side of the Honda.
The police officer injured his right knee during the crash.
He was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center by medics.
He is expected to be treated and released.
The female driver was also transported to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
Police say no charges have been filed.
philadelphia, east mount airy, police, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 13 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Bucks Co. DA announces heroin crackdown 15 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
8 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos