Police identify teen shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the teenager shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware Saturday night.
Police say 16-year-old Ahkee Flonnory of the 300 block of West 22nd Street was shot at 6:23 p.m. Saturday.
It happened in the unit block of East 24th Street.
Investigators say someone walked up to Flonnory and shot him in the head. Police have not indicated a motive for the shooting.
A woman in her 20's was also shot. She survived.
Flonnory is Wilmington's first homicide victim of 2013.
In a statement released Monday, Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams said, "I want to first convey my condolences on behalf of the City to the families of the victims of this senseless crime of violence. I want to assure the community that a thorough investigation is now underway and the Wilmington Police Department will work tirelessly to find the individual or individuals who were involved."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or submit information online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 34 min ago
- Record Warmth! 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
31 min ago